Friday, October 15, 2010

O'Reilly won't back down on anti-Muslim comment

I am the rare liberal who actually likes O'Reilly. He's generally more fair than many on the right. BUT, when he's wrong, he tends to be way wrong, like so wrong it measures over 100%. This incident wasn't the worst he's ever been, and I applaud his apologizing quickly. But he won't admit he's wrong in the fundamental sense, which bothers the hell out of me because  this  issue is unimaginably important and he  ought to realize that.

But  whatever.

Then he goes on his own  show and  says this:


"No one I know, no one, wants to insult Muslims," O'Reilly continued. "But almost everybody I know is tired of the political correctness surrounding the 9/11 attack. The truth is that if moderate Muslims all over the world would stand with America against radical Islam, the terrorists couldn't exist. But obviously, that is not happening. I am not in the business of sugar-coating harsh realities."


Here we have a group of moderate Muslims who are  building the Park 51 project precisely for the purpose of standing  with America against radical Islam, and O'Reilly and practically the entire right wing fight against THEM harder than they've ever fought against Al Qaeda. 


To quote Marvin Gaye: 


Make me wanna holler, and  throw up both my hands! It make me wanna holler, and throw up both my hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment