Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Are we ready to get spanked? And by these guys?

Sort of lengthy piece on Slate that describes the Tea Party as I've always seen it. Mind you, it's got its good people, I think I've always included that. I've tried to, anyway. My big problem has always been that I don't think they consider very important the people in their ranks like the two whose letters are reprinted in this article. Now, I confess I don't know how representative of the whole movement such letter writers are, but I can say unequivocally that I'm not sure I've ever read a list of letters or responses on message boards, no matter the source, that doesn't include at least a few writers like these. And that's not an exaggeration, mind you-- I don't think I've ever seen one without at least a few-- and there are some boards on which this stuff is quite common.

Check it out for yourself here, if you want, but I'm going to do more with this subject in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment