Thursday, October 21, 2010

WTF-- NPR fires Juan Williams. Unless there's more to it than I see in this article, this is a mistake.

Wow, NPR fired Juan Williams for saying he gets nervous when he is flying with Muslims dressed in "Muslim garb." I read the article and he did say one thing I didn't like, "They are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims. After 9-11 that's the reality." But this hardly seems worth firing someone over. Something I didn't realize, too, is that NPR asked him to stop allowing himself to be identified with NPR after he became a FOX commentator. This seems really wrong-- Juan Williams has always seemed to me to be a very reasonable, decent guy, and one who does a good job showing a left wing perspective on FOX. This really bothers me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment